Xiaomi wifi repeater is used to amplify wifi signal. I believe that most of the people have encounter problem with weak wifi signal some part at home, mostly due to the far distance between the user and the wireless router. Some people may think to change a better router but often not satisfy about the outcomes. Especially for the rich man who lives in large villa that has multiple floors, it is almost impossible to cover whole house with just one wifi router. Get it the cheapest here.
▲XIAOMI WIFI REPEATER Pro is packaged in a simple but cool white box. Front view of the box is the enlarged picture for the wifi amplifier, sideview is the product name and Xiaomi LOGO and back view is a simple instruction for use. The terms Pro is specially marked red, make sure everyone know that this device is better and professional than previous Xiaomi Wifi Amplifier.
▲The bottom of the box listed full specifications and manufacturer of Xiaomi Wifi Amplifier Pro is Xiaomi Technology Bejing LLC. Data transfer rate is up to 300Mbps, the wireless connection is 2.4G, not support of 5G technology, since it using standard is IEEE802.11b/g/n while 5G standard is IEEE802.11ac.
▲When you do your unboxing, first thing comes in your eyes is manual and wifi amplifier device just below it. This is what you will find inside the box, one wifi amplifier plus one manual. Miwifi amplifier Pro comes with all-black body make it look cool.
▲The front of the miwifi amplifier is Xiaomi LOGO and two color indicator. Whole device slightly smaller than a palm or wall switch and socket.
▲At the bottom of the amplifier there is a small hole, with a Reset words, every one who owns Xiaomi smart home products must know this button very well. This button needs to use a toothpick to tap, to reset the amplifier connection.
▲Side is two tiny ears of the amplifier, Pro version using 2×2 external antennas, to extend wifi signal coverage. This two tiny antennas can adjust within 180 degrees, whether installed vertically in the wall socket or horizontally plug in the plugboard.
▲The back of the xiaomi repeater is the power plug and you can see the product label at the bottom of the plug, white part on the label is the serial number and MAC address. Amplifier using a universal power supply, The heat sink design around the amplifier make it work more stable.
▲If you look out carefully inside amplifier for the joint part of plastic you can feel that it is smooth. This shows that Xiaomi Product does it very well on quality control.
▲When you see that led indicator of amplifier blinking yellow light, it shows that it is connecting. When the light turns blue, it means working normally.
▲Compare Xiaomi WIFI Repeater Pro with Xiaomi WIFI Repeater 2, you can know that Pro version is better at first sight. Mi Amplifier 2 is smaller in size but need another power adapter with a 5v USB port to supply power. Amplifier 2 has a built-in PCB antenna while Pro version has been designed with 2 external antennas, it is clearly the signal coverage of Pro version is better than Xiaomi Repeater
2. Product performance testing
▲First, open Mi Home App on your phone, tap a plus icon on top right of the corner, then tap add device and selected Xiaomi WIFI Repeater Pro. After that press next, and we can use it as normal after the device connected.
▲When the device connected, we can see Xiaomi Repeater device on the home page of Mi Home App, you can know the current status by the tap on the device. We see that there is available firmware update, so let it update by clicking the update button. At the top of the interface, the signal strength and the connection status between the current Xiaomi Repeater and the router are shown. If the Xiaomi Wifi Repeater position is not good, then App will prompt you with some tips.
▲Compare the interface between XiaomiWifi Repeater Pro and Miwifi Repeater 2, basically both of them using the same interface and same setting. What makes the difference is power module and two external antennas of the Pro version make it performs better by providing stronger signal coverage if compare to Wifi Repeater 2.
▲My house toilet is a blink angle for the WIFI, so whenever I want to read some news at the toilet the surfing speed is quite slow and lag. After the use of the Miwifi repeater, the internet speed has been improved. Now let me do a test to make a comparison, the first picture is handphone connect directly to router that without amplifier in use. The signal shown is weak with signal strength -77dB and network delay are 170ms. After using the amplifier, signal strength increase to -62db and network delay is only 41.6ms. Now no more problem for reading news or watching a video in the toilet.
★Xiaomi WIFI Repeater Pro proofing to be a useful device to extend home wifi signal until no dead spot inside the house. Compare to Amplifier 2, it provides a better signal, attractive device appearance and very suitable to plug in at one of the sockets inside the home for a long time. This device allows 64 devices connected at one time, but I don’t think you got that many devices at home. One of the disadvantages for Xiaomi Wifi repeater Pro is not supported 5G frequency band, I personally think that if a home is full of coverage of 5G signal then it can really call it high-speed access to the internet. This is my review on Xiaomi WIFI Repeater Pro, and finally thank everyone for reading. Here is the best deal you can find online!
- 19: Is It Worth To Buy? Xiaomi Amazif Pace (0)
- 16: Is It Worth to Buy, Xiaomi Mi TV Box Review (0)
- 13: Is It Worth to Buy, Xiaomi Gaming Laptop Review! (0)
- 11: Is It Worth to Buy? Xiaomi Mi Drone 4K Review! (0)
- 01: Is It Worth to Buy? Xiaomi Mi 6 Review (0)
- 27: Is It Worthy to Buy? Xiaomi Mi Speaker Bluetooth 4.0 Review (0)
- 05: Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 12.5 | Thin But With Elegant Looks And Outstanding Performance (0)
- 14: Xiaomi Notebook Pro i5 Review | Beautiful Design And Excellent Performance (0)
- 06: Is It Worth to Buy? Review on Xiaomi Mi notebook AIR 13.3 inches (0)
- 03: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S Review | This Is The Most Successful Xiaomi Mobile Phone. (0)
- 28: Redmi Note 5 Review! 8 Highlight of The Most Powerful Redmi Phone in History (0)
- 23: Xiaomi Panorama 360 Camera In-depth Review (0)
- 10: Mi Wireless Mouse Brings New Enjoyment, Who Use Will Knows About It! (0)
- 05: Xiaomi Mi Power Strip Converter | Transform Traditional Wall Socket to Power Strip (0)
- 28: Xiaomi Mi Smart Scale Review | A good product that can be weighed and recorded your whole family weight (0)
- 18: Xiaomi Mi Bluetooth Speakers 2, It Does Better Than The First Generation! (0)
- 14: Xiaomi Mitu Builder Block Infinite Finger Spinner Fidget (0)
- 10: Xiaomi Air Humidifier | Smart Humidification, Adding Value to a Healthy Life! (0)
- 07: Small Size With Big Capacity – User Experience On A Portable Mi Cup. (0)
- 03: Xiaomi Mi Smart Temperature And Humidity Sensor | Just a Glance And You Know About The Temperature And The Humidity (0)
- 31: Xiaomi Bluetooth Speaker V2 Review and User Experience (0)
- 27: Xiaomi Thermostat Electric Kettle | Discover The “Great Wisdom” of Boiling Water. (0)
- 22: Wish To Be Your “Brightest Star In The Night”, Xiaomi Portable Flashlight Review. (0)
- 19: Xiaomi Type C Adapter | Xiaomi USB C to HDMI Multi-function Device (0)
- 12: Xiaomi Wiha Screwdriver Set | A Good Helper That Assists You to Solve All the Troubles (1)
- 09: Xiaomi Smart 1080p WIFI IP Camera | It Is Safer to be Guarded by Smart Camera (0)
- 06: Xiaomi Smart Socket | Make The Traditional Household Appliances More Intelligent (0)
- 03: Xiaomi Capsule Earphone Review: Comfortable to Wear & Enjoy music with a style (0)
- 31: Which headphones best match your boyfriend? Give the best headphones that suitable for him (0)
- 26: Xiaomi Mi WiFi Amplifier 2 Review: Dual Antenna, More Power in Enhance WiFi Signal! (0)
- 24: Seasonal Warm Little Hand Xiaomi Wool Touch Gloves (0)
- 21: It’s all about light – Unboxing on Xiaomi Yeelight downlight (0)
- 17: Sharing of Pop Science Grade Review! Xiaomi Mi TDS Pen Water Quality Tester! (0)
- 15: Review on 8H Xiaomi Neck Pillow: Your Best Partner at Work and Leisure (0)
- 13: [Xiaomi News Weekly] Dec.04th-Dec.10th (0)
- 11: Xiaomi Air Purifier 2S Review | More Value Than Mi Air Purifier 2 (0)
- 09: Mi Sports Bluetooth headset | Awake Your Low Profile in Extravagance Lifestyle (0)
- 07: [Xiaomi News Weekly] Nov.27th-Dec.3nd (0)
- 05: 30 Days Ultra long durability! Xiaomi Mijia Portable Electric Mi Shaver Review (0)
- 03: Xiaomi Will Launch New Smartphone Xiaomi Mi P1 (0)
- 01: Xiaomi Ninebot Plus self-balancing Scooter Review – Pros and Cons (0)
- 29: Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum 2 Review | An essential for the laid back (0)
- 26: [Xiaomi News Weekly] Nov.20th-Nov26th (0)
- 25: Compact and user-friendly | Xiaomi Mi Bluetooth Headset Review (0)
- 23: Xiaomi Portable WIFI Review (0)
- 21: [Xiaomi weekly News] From Nov 13th-Nov 19th (0)
- 19: Yeelight Xiaomi Night Light: Just a Step and Sparks a Light Illuminate On You (0)
- 17: Mi AI Speaker Review | Compact and Beautiful, New fashion for Smart Technology (0)
- 15: Just a dual Camera Phone? 10 Details Let You Fall in Love with Xiaomi Mi5X (0)
- 13: [Xiaomi weekly] The ultimate carnival of Double 11 and Mi MIX 2 Full Ceramic Body on sale. (0)
- 11: Mi Pen – a signature experience and a cost-effective option (1)
- 09: Is It Worth to Buy | Xiaomi Air Purifier Pro Review (0)
- 07: Weekly Xiaomi News (Oct.30th-Nov.5th) (0)
- 06: Xiaomi Noise Cancelling Headphones In depth Review (1)
- 04: Which is worth to buy? XiaomiMi Wifi Router 3C or Mi Router 3 (0)
- 03: Mi news that were making Headlines this Week（10.23~10.29） (0)
- 01: Xiaomi Mi VR Headset In-depth Review | Is It Worth to Buy? (0)
- 30: The Way to Spoil Your Ears | Review on Mi In Ear Headphones Pro (1)
- 27: Xiaomi Power Bank 2 Review – All You Need to Know About It. (1)
- 26: Xiaomi Wifi Repeater Pro Deep Review | Is MiWifi Amplifier Worth to Buy? (11)
- 23: Is It Worth to Buy? | Xiaomi Mi LED Smart Desk Lamp Review (0)
- 20: Xiaomi Mi Redmi 5A Released : Will It Be Another Ten Million Sells Product? (0)
- 19: Your journey partner -Xiaomi multi-functional bag- experience (0)
- 17: Xiaomi iHealth Thermometer – Your Household Essential (1)
- 14: In-depth Xiaomi Mi Note 3 Review, Xiaomi’s Best Camera Phone (2)
- 11: Why Is Xiaomi So Cheap With High Specs? CEO Lei Jun Reveal The Secrets! (1)
- 10: Simple Way to Turn Your Xiaomi Phones Into Transparent Screen (0)
- 09: The Secret | Microcrystalline Zirconium Ceramic Material Used in Xiaomi Mi Mix 2? (0)
- 08: Full Screen phone 2017, iPhone x vs Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 – Who Win? (2)
- 07: iPhone x vs Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, which phone is worth buying (1)
- 05: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Sound-guided Speaker Design – Detailed Review (0)
- 05: The Best Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Review: Insight Xiaomi Latest Phone (5)