On September 19, Xiaomi MiJia’s robot technology research and development team officially released Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2. This time it was marketed under its own brand, Roborock, perhaps to strengthen the brand name and open new markets. Compared to its predecessor, the floor mop function is added, further enhancing the functionality.In this article we will take an in-depth analysis of the original Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2. Get it the cheapest here.
The outer packing is made of Kraft paper. The overall design is simple. The very large prominent logo of Roborock is in the middle, and there are some simple pictorial instructions on the function of the mop on the top.
Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2 and its predecessor MiRobot Vacuum Cleaner looks very similar (after all, they are made from the same manufacturer), but thanks to the upgrading of components and design, the overall size of the Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2 is slightly smaller, when compared to its predecessor.
More than the change in key layout or sensor position, I believe consumers will notice that the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2 do not have Mi logo, but instead has Roborock logo.
Roborock believes that the best solution for the current home robotic vacuum cleaner is the laser-guided path. Therefore, the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2 is equipped with LDS laser range finding sensor, same as its predecessor, and can calibrate the distance information at the rate of 5 × 360 ° / sec. When laser light hits an obstacle, it forms a spot in the sensor. At the same time, the image sensor calculates the distance of the laser ranging sensor according to the pixel number of the spot, where the “eye” of the cleaning robot is located.
You can easily lift the lid, and see the dust box and the main brush cleaning tools, which can be easily removed. The modular design is convenient for maintenance and replacement.
When you turn over, you will see the overall structure is not different from its predecessor, the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner. However, this Roborock version has made significant upgrades, such, the maximum suction pressure is increased from 1800 to 2000 pa, obstacle detection ability increased to 2 cm, new omnidirectional pressure sensor, ability to ascend out and more.
It is obvious that the charging option is arranged on both sides of the guide wheel to achieve better charging and reduce the area occupied.
The main brush, buckle and other parts of the modular design, which makes it easier and convenient to maintain and replace the parts.
The new sweeping module of the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2 just needs to be installed directly in the notch. It is an effortless action to install or remove the module.
The new design of the charging contacts shows that the charging seat is significantly smaller, when compared to predecessor, and occupies less space, which seems to be more practical.
As a member of the Mi Eco-Chain enterprise, the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2 supports the use of Mi remote control. With automatic scanning or manual addition, you can pair the Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2 with a Mi remote App. In a new environment, the Xiaomi vacuum cleaner will automatically scan the area and approximate map it, and provide the view area to the user, these are the same as its predecessor.
During the cleaning operation, with the LDS laser range sensor through the original SLAM algorithm will build an accurate and real-time map of the room and provide the cleaning routes. The results are satisfactory, and any error if so are within the acceptable range. You can carry out normal cleaning work with the Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner without any hassle. And this update would allow the user to give voice commands to Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum 2 to which zone to clean and sweep, and also other functions were further enhanced, to meet the needs of different users.
Of course, similar to the use of mobile phones as a remote control, setting the cleaning mode and sweeping mode are very easy in the App. The App also does a lot more than simple settings, it also user-friendly and shows the health status of all modules, and shows that it is time to replace them.
The predecessor, Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Cleaner’s sweeping ability is impressive. So, how about this latest edition of Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2? Even with the most powerful MAX Sweep mode, the noise is not very annoying and is within the acceptable range. The cleaning is satisfactory, with fine things like hair and debris on the floor were swept away, which is little better than its predecessor. Thanks to the SLAM algorithm of Roborock, now cleaning in the corner areas are not a problem, though some special corners cannot be cleaned, which is not the problem of inadequacy or software restrictions. The device is only limited by the swept volume,
Roborock has added mop function to Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2, which is a big step forward. There is a small water tank that can be attached to the robot just by sliding, and the mop pad is connected to the tray also through a sliding mechanism and the liquid is spread wisely. To our surprise, while mopping the water control is better, basically quickly dried (in about 10 seconds), and the SLAM algorithm’s zig-zag path does not seem to have a dead end. You should be very satisfied with the sweeping and mopping, unless you have an obsessive-compulsory disorder.
Here is the best deal you can find online
In our experience, Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2 is a good step forward from its predecessor. It takes up less space, cleans well and the new mop feature is handy. Though mop function of the cleaner was originally thought as a marketing gimmick, the actual performance can be termed as an unexpected surprise and it can very well satisfy generic usage. If you are too lazy to do housework, Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2 is designed for you.
There are few hiccups though, we saw water seepage, it may be due to some design mechanics, and recharge takes more time. I hope Roborock can fix these glitches. In any case, it is a very satisfactory experience with Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum 2.
- 14: Xiaomi Notebook Pro i5 Review | Beautiful Design And Excellent Performance (0)
- 06: Is It Worth to Buy? Review on Xiaomi Mi notebook AIR 13.3 inches (0)
- 03: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S Review | This Is The Most Successful Xiaomi Mobile Phone. (0)
- 28: Redmi Note 5 Review! 8 Highlight of The Most Powerful Redmi Phone in History (0)
- 23: Xiaomi Panorama 360 Camera In-depth Review (0)
- 10: Mi Wireless Mouse Brings New Enjoyment, Who Use Will Knows About It! (0)
- 05: Xiaomi Mi Power Strip Converter | Transform Traditional Wall Socket to Power Strip (0)
- 28: Xiaomi Mi Smart Scale Review | A good product that can be weighed and recorded your whole family weight (0)
- 18: Xiaomi Mi Bluetooth Speakers 2, It Does Better Than The First Generation! (0)
- 14: Xiaomi Mitu Builder Block Infinite Finger Spinner Fidget (0)
- 10: Xiaomi Air Humidifier | Smart Humidification, Adding Value to a Healthy Life! (0)
- 07: Small Size With Big Capacity – User Experience On A Portable Mi Cup. (0)
- 03: Xiaomi Mi Smart Temperature And Humidity Sensor | Just a Glance And You Know About The Temperature And The Humidity (0)
- 31: Xiaomi Bluetooth Speaker V2 Review and User Experience (0)
- 27: Xiaomi Thermostat Electric Kettle | Discover The “Great Wisdom” of Boiling Water. (0)
- 22: Wish To Be Your “Brightest Star In The Night”, Xiaomi Portable Flashlight Review. (0)
- 19: Xiaomi Type C Adapter | Xiaomi USB C to HDMI Multi-function Device (0)
- 12: Xiaomi Wiha Screwdriver Set | A Good Helper That Assists You to Solve All the Troubles (1)
- 09: Xiaomi Smart 1080p WIFI IP Camera | It Is Safer to be Guarded by Smart Camera (2)
- 06: Xiaomi Smart Socket | Make The Traditional Household Appliances More Intelligent (0)
- 03: Xiaomi Capsule Earphone Review: Comfortable to Wear & Enjoy music with a style (1)
- 31: Which headphones best match your boyfriend? Give the best headphones that suitable for him (0)
- 26: Xiaomi Mi WiFi Amplifier 2 Review: Dual Antenna, More Power in Enhance WiFi Signal! (0)
- 24: Seasonal Warm Little Hand Xiaomi Wool Touch Gloves (0)
- 21: It’s all about light – Unboxing on Xiaomi Yeelight downlight (0)
- 17: Sharing of Pop Science Grade Review! Xiaomi Mi TDS Pen Water Quality Tester! (0)
- 15: Review on 8H Xiaomi Neck Pillow: Your Best Partner at Work and Leisure (0)
- 13: [Xiaomi News Weekly] Dec.04th-Dec.10th (1)
- 11: Xiaomi Air Purifier 2S Review | More Value Than Mi Air Purifier 2 (0)
- 09: Mi Sports Bluetooth headset | Awake Your Low Profile in Extravagance Lifestyle (0)
- 07: [Xiaomi News Weekly] Nov.27th-Dec.3nd (0)
- 05: 30 Days Ultra long durability! Xiaomi Mijia Portable Electric Mi Shaver Review (0)
- 03: Xiaomi Will Launch New Smartphone Xiaomi Mi P1 (0)
- 01: Xiaomi Ninebot Plus self-balancing Scooter Review – Pros and Cons (0)
- 29: Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum 2 Review | An essential for the laid back (0)
- 26: [Xiaomi News Weekly] Nov.20th-Nov26th (0)
- 25: Compact and user-friendly | Xiaomi Mi Bluetooth Headset Review (0)
- 23: Xiaomi Portable WIFI Review (0)
- 21: [Xiaomi weekly News] From Nov 13th-Nov 19th (0)
- 19: Yeelight Xiaomi Night Light: Just a Step and Sparks a Light Illuminate On You (0)
- 17: Mi AI Speaker Review | Compact and Beautiful, New fashion for Smart Technology (0)
- 15: Just a dual Camera Phone? 10 Details Let You Fall in Love with Xiaomi Mi5X (0)
- 13: [Xiaomi weekly] The ultimate carnival of Double 11 and Mi MIX 2 Full Ceramic Body on sale. (0)
- 11: Mi Pen – a signature experience and a cost-effective option (1)
- 09: Is It Worth to Buy | Xiaomi Air Purifier Pro Review (0)
- 07: Weekly Xiaomi News (Oct.30th-Nov.5th) (0)
- 06: Xiaomi Noise Cancelling Headphones In depth Review (1)
- 04: Which is worth to buy? XiaomiMi Wifi Router 3C or Mi Router 3 (0)
- 03: Mi news that were making Headlines this Week（10.23~10.29） (0)
- 01: Xiaomi Mi VR Headset In-depth Review | Is It Worth to Buy? (0)
- 30: The Way to Spoil Your Ears | Review on Mi In Ear Headphones Pro (2)
- 27: Xiaomi Power Bank 2 Review – All You Need to Know About It. (1)
- 26: Xiaomi Wifi Repeater Pro Deep Review | Is MiWifi Amplifier Worth to Buy? (12)
- 23: Is It Worth to Buy? | Xiaomi Mi LED Smart Desk Lamp Review (0)
- 20: Xiaomi Mi Redmi 5A Released : Will It Be Another Ten Million Sells Product? (0)
- 19: Your journey partner -Xiaomi multi-functional bag- experience (0)
- 17: Xiaomi iHealth Thermometer – Your Household Essential (1)
- 14: In-depth Xiaomi Mi Note 3 Review, Xiaomi’s Best Camera Phone (2)
- 11: Why Is Xiaomi So Cheap With High Specs? CEO Lei Jun Reveal The Secrets! (1)
- 10: Simple Way to Turn Your Xiaomi Phones Into Transparent Screen (0)
- 09: The Secret | Microcrystalline Zirconium Ceramic Material Used in Xiaomi Mi Mix 2? (0)
- 08: Full Screen phone 2017, iPhone x vs Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 – Who Win? (2)
- 07: iPhone x vs Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, which phone is worth buying (1)
- 05: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Sound-guided Speaker Design – Detailed Review (0)
- 05: The Best Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Review: Insight Xiaomi Latest Phone (5)