Which one is worth to buy? Xiaomi Mi Wifi Router 3C or Mi Router 3? Many are still unclear to buy Mi Router 3C or Mi Router 3. In this article, I am sharing my assessment on these routers and the differences between them. Comparison between Mi Router 3C and Mi Router.
1. Technical Comparison
Physically both Mi Router 3C and Mi Router 3 are similar, there are only subtle differences between the two. However, there are some technical differences. The table below outlines the technical specifications for comparison.
|Mi Router 3||Mi Router 3C|
|Size and Weight||195x131x23.5mm (220g)||195×107.25.3mm (241g)|
|Antennas||Has 4 high-gain antennas|
|Memory||128MB DDR2||64MB DDR2|
|ROM||128MB SLC NAND Flash||16MB NOR FLASH|
|Wireless||2.4G/5G dual-frequency WiFi(maximum speed can reach 867Mbps)||2.4G single-frequency WiFi (maximum speed can reach 300Mbps)|
|Interface||1 WAN, 2 LAN ports(100 MB network card interfaces) and 1 USB2.0 extension interface||1 WAN, 2 LAN ports (100 MB network card interfaces)|
|operating system||OpenWRT depth custom MiWiFi ROM system|
|OS Features||Root support, Open Platform, allows third part App, Wireless access control||Intelligent anti-rub network, wireless intrusion detection, password brute force crack detection|
|USB Extension||Support||Not Supported|
|Price||149 Yuan||99 Yuan|
As far as technical comparison, both Xiaomi Mi Wifi Router 3C and Mi Router 3 has four high-gain antennas, runs Mi WiFi ROM system, belongs to intelligent router family, and supports management App. The difference is in the built-in processor, Memory, ROM, Wi-Fi (support of 5G), USB expansion and the price.
2. Appearance comparison
Most users are not concerned about the physical appearance of a wireless router, however there many who appreciates the physical appearance and considers how it can blend to their home furnishing. Hence, the appearance may affect the user’s choice.
Pictures of Xiaomi Mi Wifi Router 3C
Pictures of Mi Router 3.
In terms of appearance, the Xiaomi Mi Wifi Router 3 and Mi Router 3C are identical, except for some details. Namely, the Mi Router 3C is not equipped with a USB extension, and the antennas are square. The Mi Router 3 comes with a USB extension interface, and the antennas are round. That’s all the difference.
3. Performance Comparison
There is some performance difference between Xiaomi Mi Wifi Router 3C and Mi Router 3. This is primarily due to RAM size, ROM storage operations, support for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual-band Wi-Fi, support for USB extension and integrated hardware configuration.
Mi Router 3C
Mi Router 3C has a slightly upgraded processor model, but has less memory and ROM, and lack of USB expansion, when compared to Mi Router 3.
So, how does these difference affect the users?
There are two main aspects:
- Xiaomi Mi Wifi Router 3 has a larger memory compared to Mi Router 3C, this means that Mi Router 3 supports more users at the same time to access the router, in addition the dual-band Wi-Fi, can support as high as 867Mbps.
- Mi Router 3 support USB2.0, so you can connect a pen drive or hard drive as a storage expansion. It also supports third-party applications this extending the functionality of the router. While the Xiaomi Mi Wifi Router 3C does not support the USB expansion, or support the installations of third-party Apps.
In simple terms, Xiaomi Mi Wifi Router 3 is more like a real intelligent router that not only supports USB expansion, but also supports dual-band Wi-Fi and third party Apps. The Mi Router 3C is more like a traditional router at single-frequency of 2.4 GHz, with no support for USB and third-party Apps, it is just a basic and common router. Xiaomi Mi Router 3C is more like a traditional router, with four high-gain antennas, which gives a good Wi-Fi signal coverage.
So, which one of this Xiaomi router is the best, Mi Router 3 or Mi Router 3C?
Since both routers are equipped with four high-gain antennas, the Wi-Fi signal coverage is good. The main differences are in performance, support for USB extension and speed. For ordinary home users, who wants a decent broadband and does not want fancy options, the Xiaomi Mi Wifi Router 3C, which is 50 Yuan cheaper than Mi Router 3, will do the trick. Mi Router 3C is a cost-effective option. However, if you focusing on expansion, want higher speed, and an intelligent router, then Mi Router 3 is highly recommended.
- 19: Xiaomi Type C Adapter | Xiaomi USB C to HDMI Multi-function Device (0)
- 12: Xiaomi Wiha Screwdriver Set | A Good Helper That Assists You to Solve All the Troubles (0)
- 09: Xiaomi Smart 1080p WIFI IP Camera | It Is Safer to be Guarded by Smart Camera (0)
- 06: Xiaomi Smart Socket | Make The Traditional Household Appliances More Intelligent (0)
- 03: Xiaomi Capsule Earphone Review: Comfortable to Wear & Enjoy music with a style (0)
- 31: Which headphones best match your boyfriend? Give the best headphones that suitable for him (0)
- 26: Xiaomi Mi WiFi Amplifier 2 Review: Dual Antenna, More Power in Enhance WiFi Signal! (0)
- 24: Seasonal Warm Little Hand Xiaomi Wool Touch Gloves (0)
- 21: It’s all about light – Unboxing on Xiaomi Yeelight downlight (0)
- 17: Sharing of Pop Science Grade Review! Xiaomi Mi TDS Pen Water Quality Tester! (0)
- 15: Review on 8H Xiaomi Neck Pillow: Your Best Partner at Work and Leisure (0)
- 13: [Xiaomi News Weekly] Dec.04th-Dec.10th (0)
- 11: Xiaomi Air Purifier 2S Review | More Value Than Mi Air Purifier 2 (0)
- 09: Mi Sports Bluetooth headset | Awake Your Low Profile in Extravagance Lifestyle (0)
- 07: [Xiaomi News Weekly] Nov.27th-Dec.3nd (0)
- 05: 30 Days Ultra long durability! Xiaomi Mijia Portable Electric Mi Shaver Review (0)
- 03: Xiaomi Will Launch New Smartphone Xiaomi Mi P1 (0)
- 01: Xiaomi Ninebot Plus self-balancing Scooter Review – Pros and Cons (0)
- 29: Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum 2 Review | An essential for the laid back (0)
- 26: [Xiaomi News Weekly] Nov.20th-Nov26th (0)
- 25: Compact and user-friendly | Xiaomi Mi Bluetooth Headset Review (0)
- 23: Xiaomi Portable WIFI Review (0)
- 21: [Xiaomi weekly News] From Nov 13th-Nov 19th (0)
- 19: Yeelight Xiaomi Night Light: Just a Step and Sparks a Light Illuminate On You (0)
- 17: Mi AI Speaker Review | Compact and Beautiful, New fashion for Smart Technology (0)
- 15: Just a dual Camera Phone? 10 Details Let You Fall in Love with Xiaomi Mi5X (0)
- 13: [Xiaomi weekly] The ultimate carnival of Double 11 and Mi MIX 2 Full Ceramic Body on sale. (0)
- 11: Mi Pen – a signature experience and a cost-effective option (0)
- 09: Is It Worth to Buy | Xiaomi Air Purifier Pro Review (0)
- 07: Weekly Xiaomi News (Oct.30th-Nov.5th) (0)
- 06: Xiaomi Noise Cancelling Headphones In depth Review (1)
- 04: Which is worth to buy? XiaomiMi Wifi Router 3C or Mi Router 3 (0)
- 03: Mi news that were making Headlines this Week（10.23~10.29） (0)
- 01: Xiaomi Mi VR Headset In-depth Review | Is It Worth to Buy? (0)
- 30: The Way to Spoil Your Ears | Review on Mi In Ear Headphones Pro (1)
- 27: Xiaomi Power Bank 2 Review – All You Need to Know About It. (1)
- 26: Xiaomi Wifi Repeater Pro Deep Review | Is MiWifi Amplifier Worth to Buy? (3)
- 23: Is It Worth to Buy? | Xiaomi Mi LED Smart Desk Lamp Review (0)
- 20: Xiaomi Mi Redmi 5A Released : Will It Be Another Ten Million Sells Product? (0)
- 19: Your journey partner -Xiaomi multi-functional bag- experience (0)
- 17: Xiaomi iHealth Thermometer – Your Household Essential (1)
- 14: In-depth Xiaomi Mi Note 3 Review, Xiaomi’s Best Camera Phone (2)
- 11: Why Is Xiaomi So Cheap With High Specs? CEO Lei Jun Reveal The Secrets! (1)
- 10: Simple Way to Turn Your Xiaomi Phones Into Transparent Screen (0)
- 09: The Secret | Microcrystalline Zirconium Ceramic Material Used in Xiaomi Mi Mix 2? (0)
- 08: Full Screen phone 2017, iPhone x vs Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 – Who Win? (2)
- 07: iPhone x vs Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, which phone is worth buying (1)
- 05: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Sound-guided Speaker Design – Detailed Review (0)
- 05: The Best Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Review: Insight Xiaomi Latest Phone (5)